BetterHandles is a plugin for Adobe Illustrator that combines a tool and palette to make working with Bezier curve handles easier and more powerful:
- Select multiple handles, and collectively move, extend, rotate, or retract them
- Extend or retract handles without changing their angles
- Copy and paste handles
- Edit points numerically: anchor, in handle, out handle
- Convert multiple points from corner to smooth or vice versa
- Automatically extend new handles on multiple points
- Intuitively reshape path segments, optionally constraining handle directions
- Use slow-drag to divide the cursor movement for extremely precise moves
- Equalize a point's handles
- Add points to multiple curves at their horizontal and/or vertical tangenciesSplit multiple paths at one or more points
- Close multiple open paths, retaining endpoint handles or not
- Remove one or more points, keeping the curve as close to the original as possible
- Work with connector points (transitions between straight and curved segments)
- Remove all redundant points on multiple paths
- Snap to handles, points, or paths clearly and easily — without having to use Smart Guides
- And more!
Version 1.4 adds CS5-compatibility, Smart Remove points (maintains curve shape), adding points at tangencies, connector point support, closing multiple paths, and many improvements.
Version 1.3 added CS4-compatibility, handle copying and pasting, point addition, and more.
Version 1.2 added several new features and improvements, including an optional red highlighting ring around the cursor, an additional status line, new multi-handle drag modes, path marqueeing, and more.